From:
Bert Bartleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2012 11:50:22 -0700
Dear Keith,

 I will respond for the Pacific Northwest Shell Club.  We currently have
more shells donated by past members than we know what to do with.  We have
never purchased collections during the past decade.  So we are not in the
market for such a collection.  We have had lots of Hawaiian shells collected
by PNWSC members recently at our auctions so we probably have most all of
the local endemics already covered.  If the niece of your friend wished to
donate the shells to the PNWSC we would be willing to evaluate the
collection and help her find a good home for them with someone who would
care and appreciate them.  All of our shell sales profits go to scholarships
for local students in the NW who are studying mollusks. Beach shells, shells
without good data and "other sea life" go to children's programs and
crafters.  So no shells get tossed in the garbage.  Sorry we can't be of
more help or offer encouragement.

Bert Bartleson, President, PNWSC