From:
Dale Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 12:23:09 -0400
Does anyone have suggestions for other stops?

I'm going shelling over the week of summer solstice in the vicinity of Padre Island.

My companion and I plan to begin the trip near Corpus Christie, drive down Mustang Island to North Padre Island the first day.

The second day we will drive south to South Padre Island going through Kingsville, hoping to spend time shelling around the estuary (or is it a bay?) between Kingsville and Sarita before checking into our motel in Brownsville.

Four days on South Padre Island may be more than enough, so am wondering if someone is familiar enough with the area to recommend good shelling at less visited places that have roads good enough that we can drive a sedan and not get stuck in sand.

We don't have time for more, so going north of the bay at Corpus Christie won't be on our agenda. If any part of our plan would prove fruitless, I'd appreciate knowing that, also.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Dale Snyder
Mesa, Arizona