From:
REYNOLD BOYCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2014 18:12:14 -0400
Gelatin capsules have its worth in neatly encapsulating micros. But
there is one serious disadvantage (not mentioned by others) especially
if you live in the tropics. Sooner or later you would discover a tiny
hole or two at the tips of your capsule, which keeps getting bigger.
Ghekos, bristletails and other insects have a knack of invading shell
cabinets as with any household enclosures. And the reminance of soft
animal tissue within micro-molluscs easily attracts these vermints.

I therefore concur with Susan that tiny glass vials - if you can still
find them - is the ideal option. These can be in-turn be stabilised
within matchbox-type containers. During my days as an undergrad.
biology student we had access to glass vials - with black screw lids -
housing entomology pins. I'm not sure if entomology pins still come
that way, today. Its worth checking out.
Cheers,
Reynold C. Boyce