From:
"Susan J. Hewitt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2014 13:47:01 -0500
I see that the experts disagree as to whether there is one species (Huber), two species (WoRMS), or three species (Mikkelsen & Bieler), of Ervilia in the warm waters of the west Atlantic, i.e. Florida and the West Indies. E. nitens, E. concentrica, and E. subcancellata are the names used.

Does anyone here have an opinion on this question? I am having difficulty separating E. nitens from E. concentrica; if you have a large enough series, it seems to me that they appear to intergrade.

If someone here is convinced there are two species (E. nitens and E. concentrica) as per WoRMS, can you tell me what the diagnostic features are to separate them?

Thanks.