From:
Nancy Galdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2015 14:25:06 -0400
Good day, everyone!

Only days away, the 2015 Conchologists of America “Gala in the ‘Glades’ Convention at the Bonaventure Resort and Spa in Weston, Florida begins field trips this Sunday, July 12 and Monday, July 13, 2015. The Convention will officially opens on Tuesday July 14, 2015 with the Bourse on Friday, July 17 and Saturday, July 18, 2015. Our website now includes the most up to date information including a ONE PAGE COA SCHEDULE, final program speakers, final list of Special Book raffle books, and much more. http://2015coaconvention.com

EARLY REGISTRATION - If you are attending a COA field trip, you can register early. The registration desk will be open especially for you during the following times.
Saturday, July 11 from 2-6pm
Sunday, July 12 from 4-8pm

FIELD TRIP UPDATE – The Sea Turtle Release field trip time has changed. The van will now depart at 7:30pm, not 7pm.
Airboats and Alligators is now at noon -3pm.

EVERGLADES WELCOME PARTY
Pack your bags with your “Everglades/Safari Wear” Come, Relax and Enjoy our Tuesday night Safari Party and lets have a memorable ‘Gala in the Glades’ Experience! Prizes will be given to most memorable Hat.
The Broward Shell Club invites you to a place we’ve come to call home. There is no place in the world like the Everglades. It is the only place in North America where the American Alligator and the American Crocodile co-exist. South Florida is the only place in North America where you find Liguus fasciatus.
The WELCOME PARTY will be held on Tuesday night in the Grand Ballroom with a cash bar and dinner at 7:00 pm. Your registration badge will gain you entrance. There will be a buffet dinner and cash bar. Guest tickets are available at the Registration desk.

CLUB SALES TABLE - Please look for the Broward Shell Club Sales Tables as well as Club Tables from many other clubs in the lobby area between the ballrooms. The Broward Club tables will have thousands of Florida shells! This is your chance to buy some of the lesser-known and obscure species of Florida shells that are not often offered for sale to collectors, as well as common and uncommon shells native to our State. All shells have data and most are specimen quality. Come early for the best selection! Additionally, beautiful hand-made shell art by our own talented members, top quality COA souvenirs, t-shirts and pins will be available!
The Broward Shell Club Sales Table will be open as follows: Tuesday 8-11am, Wednesday and Thursday 8-10am and Friday, 8-11am, as well as other random times during the week.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:  [log in to unmask] Our 2015 COA Convention Facebook page postings are up to the minute. https://www.facebook.com/2015coaconvention.
See you soon!!!  Best regards, Nancy Galdo & Linda Sunderland  co-chairs & the entire Broward Shell Club team!