From:
"Bret K. Raines" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 14:08:14 -0800
Hello Barbara, Ed, Carole and the rest of the Gang!

I'm seeing "Lyropecten" used quite a bit here.  It is my understanding
that there are no recent species that fall under "Lyropecten".  Didn't
Tom Waller do a paper on this a few years ago?  I thought his argument
demonstrated that Lyropecten could only be applied to certain fossil
Pectinidae which are similar to Nodipecten, however, have the distinct
feature of an extremely flat right valve.

Indeed work needs to be done on " " antillarum Recluz, 1853

Bret

Bret Raines                                     MTP/Molluscs Net
[log in to unmask]                                http://www.molluscs.net