Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:58:23 -0700
Dear John,

I believe the best answer to your first question is "WoRMS" ("World Register of Marine Species"). Just Google that for the url of that excellent and up-do-date web site.

As to your second question, I suspect you mean "genera," the Latin plural of "genus," not the plural of "genius." If so, I can give you an answer if you don't receive any others. Actually, WoRMS sometimes gives partial answers but they are usually not sufficiently complete to be very helpful.

Alan