From:
John Hooker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 20:25:23 -0700
Scott Schubbe wrote:

> No, I don't mean escargot and a cocktail.
> Last night at our shell club meeting, I was flipping through the Astronaut
> Trail Shell Clubs' newsletter, and they had a section in there about cleaning
> and preserving shells. It stated that the drinking type of alcohol was a
> better dessicant than the rubbing alcohol type. So my question is, what to
> use? Is something like Everclear which is 100% grain alcohol good? Or, when my
> wife isn't looking, should I swipe some of her Vodka?

Rubbing alcohol used to be methanol, but now it's ethanol, the same as
drinking alcohol with the addition of something to make it taste bad
for the obvious reasons. Swiping your wife's vodka could perhaps lead
to divorce which is much more expensive than rubbing alcohol, and
ultimately could lead to you having to drink rubbing alcohol when you
can't afford vodka ;-)

Cheers,

John Hooker
--
Visit our Website at http://www.writer2001.com
Coriosolite Expert System...Animation...Poetry...Books