From:
Nabih S Abdelhamid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 06:51:44 +0200
Another aspect hindering youth to be involved in shell collecting (and
most other hobbies) is the financial burden related to his/her activity.
As most of us adult shell collectors well know we have to pay for many
facets of out activities: trips to collect, expensive books and
difficulty to obtain specialized litterature, clubs and magazines,
material for arranging the collection, etc...  Besides the collector
must have a comprehending family understanding the intellectual needs of
the collector in spending such amount of money.

So, unless this passion is transmitted to the children, in which case
they would start with a  well developped capital I think that most young
persons will refrain from being advanced collectors.  Perhaps we could
still interest them to be moderate collectors, gathering from time to
time some shells ion the beach or induce them to gain some money by
collecting empty shells on the beach and creating artistical objects
they would sell with a profit.

Thank you
Nabih