From:
Charles/Mary Owen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 23:13:44 -0800
We received our copy of this 2-volume publication two days ago.  It is a
real treasure.  As Amelie said, the organization, the text, the plates
and especially the drawings are outstanding.  I personally feel very
excited about it because the way the volumes are organized gives me (a
rank amateur) a chance to clear my thinking.  I think that Amelie is
right -- this will be a wonderful teaching and learning tool.

We ordered our books from Csiro as shown in the December 1997 Vita Marina
Snail Pack.  We contacted
        www.publish.csiro.au
and ordered online on January 8.  The order was confirmed on the same
day, asking us to contact them if we had not ordered (we used a credit
card with some trepidation, but this felt pretty secure).  We received
our books a couple of days ago by air mail.  This website looks like a
very interesting source -- we also ordered a catalog of non-marine
invertebrates, which appears to be a great reference, very well
organized, of Australian land shells.

I think that Amelie's description of the books is right on.  It's
pretty expensive, but as far as we've been able to tell, well worth it.
We're very happy.

Mary

3021 S. Michigan, Apt. 508
Chicago IL 60616