From:
Glenn Burghardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 13:29:51 PST
We would like to add our comments to what Kevin Cummings has written about  the PBS's Nature program "Life at the Edge of the Sea". It was outstanding with underwater scenes not seen before. We kept aksing ourselves "how did they do that."  We too were fascinated with the scenes of the limpets moving rapidly (through time photography) and escaping from the starfish etc.  As a former staff member of a public aquarium where Glenn had the opportunity to view and enjoy a lot of marine life, this show was really the icing on the cake. The only  thing missing was that there was not any scenes involving the most interesting mollusk of them all - polyplacophora.  Where were the chitons?  Anyway, everyone needs to catch it when it comes on your local PBS station.  P.S. We did record it so that we can enjoy it over and over and over. There was an advertisement at the end on how to purchase a copy.
Best wishes to all.
Glenn & Laura Burghardt

email: [log in to unmask]   (note: no 'd' in the email address)
postal: Glenn & Laura Burghardt, 11424 Pioneer Ave., Oakdale, California 95361 USA