From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2019 10:35:39 -0400
Hi Steve,

Could there be other variables that explain the BAY side encroachment of surf clams?

In the mid-1960s, I was digging (by hand) soft-shell clams out of the sand in intertidal areas near Sag Harbor. Aren’t the soft-shells more scarce in more recent decades? And surf clams then have better opportunity to adapt to the non-surf environment?

David Kirsh, LPC, RN

Sent from my iPhone