From:
"Robert R. Fales" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2019 12:41:20 -0400
I have found S. solidissima in good numbers in hypoxic mud (little or no sand) in the Shark River, Monmouth County, NJ, about 0.25 mile inland from the mouth into the Atlantic ocean.  Two sets of tides a day, so there's noticeable, regular salinity change.  The clams consistently run in the 100mm range.

I have also found the clams in the 150-170mm range in sandy mud on the flats of Hull's Cove (Frenchman's Bay), Mt. Desert Island, ME.  The posterior ends are literally exposed at low tide.

Looks like the species is capable of enduring a lot of stress.