From:
peta bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:06:13 -0300
In my Experiences the Bleach doesn't effect the color but does apply a haze , you might have to use a small paint brush and
apply a mild acid such as "LIME OUT", (a generic of lime away , best attributes are that lime out is more of a gel and is
easier to control) .
Hold shell aperture up as to prevent the acid from slipping inside, apply acid with brush until you see the color come back,
wash by running cold water into aperture and allowing the water to wash out and over the shell, finally immerse the shell in
a solution of 1 part baking soda to 5 parts cold water, this will make absolutely sure that the acid is neutralized, Ferret