From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:47:24 -0400
Hamiltonmh wrote:

> My name is Melissa Hamilton, and I'm new to this group (just joined today).
>
> I grew up in Alabama and began collecting shells as a child along the Alabama
> coast, but I saw my first really amazing shells on Botany Island in South
> Carolina,  when I was 19.   I don't know if any of you know that area (near
> Edisto Island, close to Charleston), but it's pretty spectacular, I think, for
> shelling.
>
> I'm 31 now and living in Los Angeles, and I've continued to collect - very
> much an amateur, as I've only begun learning the names of various shells in
> the past few years, but I do love it - I usually plan my vacations around
> shelling.  I didn't know anyone else did this until I read some of this
> group's old messages this morning.:)   How nice to know I'm not alone.
Welcome to the group Melissa.
This is really fun.
Are you collecting in Calif?
We also plan all our vacations around shelling...we don't know how to do
it otherwise.
We started collecting on the Santa Barbara Coast and then NASA sent us
to Florida...which is sheller's paradise.
We run back andforth to the Bahamas frequently..and exhibit in most of
the Shell Shows.
Again...welcome aboard
--
Jim & Bobbi Cordy