From:
Barbara Jouvernaux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 12:15:03 +1200
Dear shell lovers,
I sincerely hope that no-one objects to this message, as I am not a dealer
and do not ordinarily sell shells. A dedicated and passionate shell
collector died last year and his family have asked me to help sell his
collection on the internet. The collection is for sale in family groups and
they are going out the door for about a third of the actual cost, including
postage anywhere in the world. I have been advertising some on Mollusc net
classifieds and they are selling like hotcakes. Some collectors have already
missed out on lots they would have liked to buy, because they do not usually
look at the classifieds, and were alerted by someone else - too late. So it
has been suggested to me that I could let people know on the list, so if
anyone is interested they can check out the classifieds or email me
privately for requests and enquiries. I have bought several families myself
(I would love to buy them all but I would have to take out a mortgage!) and
in exchange for my help in this matter I will get some other shells, but
this is not a money-making exercise. Just a chance to help others get a
bargain and know that the shells that a lot of time, love, effort and
expense went into collecting, will go to others who will appreciate and
treasure them.