From:
Aydin Orstan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 1998 14:45:58 -0400
Paul,

A few years ago one of our cats killed a chipmunk in our back yard. I took
the chipmunk from the cat & put it uncovered in a secluded spot to see who
would show up to eat it. A few hours later when I visited it, there were
several small slugs crawling over it. I don't know if the slugs were actually
eating anything, but they were certainly attracted to the corpse. I suppose
testing this with a piece of meat won't be too difficult. Now that you
brought it up, I may try it one of these nights. I will post the results
here.

Also, one recent morning I was watching a slug crawling on a large rock in my
back yard. There happened to be a deposit of bird feces on the rock. As the
slug was passing by it, it changed directions & went right to it. Then it
positioned its mouth on the feces & remained there for several minutes. It
must have been consuming it.

A.