From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 08:52:39 EDT
Carol,

I've just started this packing business and, you are right, it is grueling!
I've had this house for nearly 20 years and boy oh boy, did I ever
accumulate. Above and beyond the personal-interest stuff (art pottery, dive
gear, skate gear, art supplies, etc) there's all the whatnot of everyday
life.

I'm gifting, ditching & donating like mad, but it's still daunting. The
garage is about emptied out (except for a bit of gardening gear) and the
basement. But the cooking supplies alone are frightening. Where did all these
casseroles and serving pieces come from? Betty Crocker hasn't half as many
baking dishes as I have!  I've donated several hundred books to various
libraries, but still have just as many I can bear to lose. The whole process
is mind-boggling.

I'm doing the shells last. I have lots of Rubbermaid bins. I've been warned
off of polyvinyl and polystyrene, and I guess I can call Rubbermaid and find
out what materials they use.

Thanks,
Ellen