From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 14:15:19 +1200
Hi Bill

Hmmm... still looks odd to me. It could be sedimentary rock, but
still looks like a carving to me, or rather, part of one, possibly
having been accidentally knocked off (note the featureless "base" in
the last image). I THINK however it is crystalline eg diorite?

I COULD however be wrong. Is there a museum in your area with a
paleontologist in residence?

Regards
Andrew