From:
Franck Frydman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 00:21:10 +0200
Well , for Harpa and Austroharpa my opinion is that  "Conchs, Tibias and
Harps" by Gerry Walls is the worst book which you could find ... The best
one - even if the oldest - for identification , according to me , is  :
Rehder, H.A. 1973. The family Harpidae of the world.  Indo-Pacific Mollusca
3(16): 207-274 . The most recent one : Poppe, G.T., Brulet, T. & Dance, S.P.
1999. The family Harpidae  in Poppe, G.T. & Groh, K  A conchological
iconography.  Conchbooks:Hackenheim  also deals with the genus Morum and has
a beautiful  ( but somewhat enhanced to me ) iconography but there are
errors here and there which can easily lead an inexperienced Harpidae
amateur to confusion . If you are interested in Haliotidae the one and only
reference book , Geiger, D. L. & Poppe, G.T. 2000.  A  conchological
iconography. The family Haliotidae. Conchbooks: Hackenheim, Germany , is
excellent and exhaustive . Franck Frydman