From:
Don Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:47:26 -0600
Right, I didn't mean they got permits for commercial
purposes, just that some of the extra shells wind up on
the market, same as the deep water shells collected by
ALVIN or other deep-water submersibles.  I won't
argue Ecuadoran politics, I'm sure you have a good
handle on that.  Still, if a multi-millionaire wants to
collect the Galapagos for his own personal "scientific"
reasons, I suspect it would be easy enough to acquire
the permits.

Cheers,

Don