From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:09:43 PDT
Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck
Austria
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
homepage: www.netwing.at/nisters/

Dear Ezequiel,

Rumina decollata (Linnaeus, 1758) belongs to family Subulinidae
(in German common name: Ahlenschnecken). The common German
name is Stumpfschnecke. These shells are always decollated, except
the juvenil specimens. They live in the whole region of the Mediterranean
and mainly near the coast. There are broader and slender forms
(The slender forms called by splitters Rumina decollata gracilis).

For the other landshells I don't have English common names, but I can
give you the German names:

Fam. Pomatiasidae
Pomatias elegans (O. F. Mueller,  1774)  - Schoene Landdeckelschnecke

Fam. Hygromiidae - Laub-, Heideschnecken
Helicodonta obvoluta (O. F. Mueller, 1774) - Riemenschnecke
The distribution ranges from SE-England through the Alps,
to the Karpaten, Deutsches Mittelgebirge, Schleswig Holstein, etc.

very closed, but with another aperature is
Helicodonta angigyra  (Rossmaessler, 1835) - Suedliche Riemenschnecke
of the southern Alps

Fam. Helicidae - Eigentliche Schnirkelschnecken
Cepaea nemoralis (Linnaeus, 1758) - Hain-Baenderschnecke

with best regards
yours Helmut Nisters