From:
Luke Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:17:35 -0700
Apologies for such a tardy reply, but my monthly bolus of Conch-L
emails just showed up this morning.

With regard to focusing/image-stacking software, another option
besides the pay $$ software is the CombineZM software, which is
freely available here:

http://www.hadleyweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/CZM/combinezm.htm

I've been quite happy with the results after playing around with it
just a bit.

At 02:31 PM 7/17/2007, you wrote:
>Caro Marcus
>
>Thank you for the information and link to the focusing software
>Helicon. It is not the only such software, but it is probably one of
>the more affordable ones. I took a look at their website, and it
>looks very useful. Your photo is a good example of how many on this
>list can benefit from a focusing software. Microshells and shells
>that are globose , with a high spire or far from flat represent a
>challenge when it comes to photographing because of the limited
>depth of field. This program seems to solve (or at least help a lot)
>this problem!
>
>I would like to hear from others that have used this or similar  software.
>
>Thanks,
>Fabio

Luke Miller

Denny Lab http://www.stanford.edu/group/denny