From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 09:31:40 -0700
Scott,

Do not let your self be chased off of the list.  I am sure who ever
advised you to look in the archives did not mean to chase you away.  This
place is too great a deal to let a little criticism bother you.
Questions are going to be repeated - that is the nature of the beast.  If
we all went back and researched each question in the archives we would
never have any time for the fun stuff (like really bad, bad jokes about
someone with Michelle on his back).  If Lynn can post something like that
groaner then ask your questions.  You'll either get an answer or three or
you will be advised (not chastised) that you can find the answer in the
archives.  Give a look, if you can't find it, come on back.

Hey, we are all here because we like (are fascinated, love, admire, etc.)
shells and none of us knows everything (some of us - like me - much less
than others).  Since I have been participating on Conch-L I have learned
a lot, expanded my interests, and met some really great folks (like Lynn
- sorry about the dig on your joke, I did share it with my father who
loves shaggy dog stories).  So hang in there and let them take their
shots.  After all, any message you do not like is merely a key stroke
away from oblivion.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA