From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2008 16:23:28 -0500
I found Panopea generosa in North Carolina...in a small Asian food store in Chapel Hill. It was lying on a shelf by the counter and the manager kindly gave it to me gratis. He said that it did not sell well because customers were not familiar with it.

There was a fragment of Panopea bitruncata on the ocean beach at Ocracoke, NC I picked up once. Anyone found a live one?

David Kirsh
Durham, NC