From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 08:48:33 +1200
> American Museum of Natural History publications are available on-line at
> <http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/>.
>
> The Emerson and Old paper can be found at
> <http://digitallibrary.amnh.org/dspace/handle/2246/4423>

Thanks for that... good to have now in my reprint library.

>> In Henning & Hemmen (1993) the authors treat Lotoria as a subgenus of
>> Cymatium.  On page 55 they say "The subgenus Lotoria differs from Cymatium
>> s.str. by the rounded, not flattened and expanded varices and the form of
>> the anterior channel."

Harry and I have discussed this before. C. perryi is a junior synonym
of C. triangularis Perry. If a juvenile specimens is observed, it can
be seen to resemble C. femorale quite closely.

Varix contours and canal shape will differ between species, but this
is not what I would consider to be of generic-level distinction. C.
triangularis appears to be an intermediate form (not necessarily an
evolutionary intermediate, note) between C. femorale and C. lotorium.

--
Regards
Andrew Grebneff