From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:59:23 -0400
Shelling Friends,

Now that the North Carolina and Philadelphia Shell Shows are pleasant
memories, we look forward to the first U.S. show of the 2012 year.  The
Astronaut Trail Shell Club invites you to participate in our 32nd annual
shell Festival themed "Shelling Memories" Saturday and Sunday, January
14-15, 2012.  Set up and judging on lucky Friday, January 13th.

The location is the Melbourne Auditorium, 625 E.  Hibiscus Ave, Melbourne,
FL,  which is a large and well lit facility.  We have one of the largest
number of shell dealer and shell related products of any U.S. club shell
show.

We offer the Conchologists of America (COA), DuPont, and Masters Trophies.
We also have club trophies including  an award in memory for our long time
resident and member Dr. R. Tucker Abbott for self collected; Fossil Trophy;
Junior Trophy; Shell of Show; Self Collected Shell of Show; Florida
Self-Collected Shell of Show; and many specialized artistic awards including
a Premium Arts and Craft Trophy for exhibits that have already won a major
award.

An awards banquet and program will be on Friday evening, January 13 (details
to be provided later). There are several recommended hotels close by and
many, many restaurants including a "Shells"
So for those up north, plan to spend part of January away from the snow and
enjoy the Space Coast of Florida.

Please contact me for any questions at [log in to unmask] or (321) 536-2896.
Entry forms, rules are also available on our website:
http://home.netcom.com/~ejpower/ruleindex.html.  Information will be sent to
the Florida shell clubs for which I had addresses.

Alan Gettleman
Show Chairman