From:
Dale Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2013 01:28:25 -0500
Here in the canals around Phoenix, the Grackles eat the Corbiculas. From the number of shells I find in my lawn, I'd guess the clams are their preferred diet.
---- "Callomon wrote:

King Henry VIII, he of the wives, was very fond of eating Anodonta. Presumably the glochidia made them crunchy or something. He also invented the Turducken, except his version began with a wren and ended with a capon on the outside.