Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:27:01 -0400
Paolo,
Major universities usually have public stores where one can buy surplus
items at cheap prices. Old microscopes are sometimes offered for sale in
large numbers when a teaching department is replacing theirs with new ones.
Not too long ago, I bought an old B&L stereoscope  & a compound scope (can't
remember the brand) both very cheaply. In fact, there were so many of them
available that I was able to examine the eye pieces & the objectives one by
one & select the best ones.

Otherwise, I'd recommend Martin Microscope
(http://www.martinmicroscope.com/) in Florida. I just bought a new Zeiss
scope from them & the owner, Bobby Martin, himself was very helpful during
the selection process. You will probably receive it in a week.

Aydin Orstan

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:35:36 +0200, Paolo G. Albano <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Dear Conch-lers,
>I will soon leave to the US and I will stay in Rochester NY, Boston and
>New York City.
>Is there any reliable seller of stereo microscopes (new or reliably
>refurbished) in those areas?
>Thank you, Paolo
>
>--
>

>Paolo G. ALBANO, Ph.D.
>Department of Biological, Geological, and Environmental Sciences,
University of Bologna

>Mailing address: c/o Prof. Bruno Sabelli
>Museo di Zoologia dell'Universit� di Bologna
>Via Selmi, 3 - 40126 Bologna ITALY
>
>E-mail (private):[log in to unmask]  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>
>E-mail (institutional):[log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

>You can follow me onGoogle Scholar  <http://scholar.google.it/citations?
user=DZ4zNfQAAAAJ>
>Project web-site:Conservation palaeobiology of oil-polluted tropical marine
biota in the Arabian Gulf
<http://www.univie.ac.at/conservationpalaeobiology/index.html>