From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2014 18:04:32 -0500
ok now whats  Up with This? quoting Gary Vermeij....thats a cruel
twist- in a rather meaningless snippet...

 surely Dr Vermeij  no stranger to the scientific method,  should have
 something to say  about a faulty "study" with no actual alternative
hypotheses or hypothesis testing, control group, controlled conditions
etc  (and, as pointed out by others, correlation does not imply
causality). And of course Dr Vermeij would note the species discussed
in this study don't house hermit crabs, or that bivalves that are
entirely infaunal dont support much in the way of an epibiotic fauna
either, as opposed to say large dead gastropod shells. Of which i dont
think a whole lot wash up on those beaches either?