Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2014 15:20:43 -0400
My take on your point about the "attitude" is just that. Cats can just sit and look you in the eye for the longest time and never make a sound.  Some even manage to look smug about it.

---- "Callomon wrote:

=============
>> As people say in my country, "I give the cat my tongue". This is supposed to illustrate the "staying mute with no answer" attitude (if someone can explain the sense of this sentence, I will begin to believe in the existence of gods and godnesses amongst us).

The English say "Cat got your tongue?", meaning "Why are you keeping quiet?"
The Japanese say "Neko-jita" (Cat's tongue) when you burn your tongue on something hot
Then there's Spondylus linguafelis, the Cat's Tongue Oyster.

It's a mystery all right.

Paul Callomon
Collection Manager, Malacology, Invertebrate Paleontology and General Invertebrates

Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Philadelphia
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia PA 19103-1195, USA
[log in to unmask] Tel 215-405-5096 - Fax 215-299-1170