From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 15:47:44 -0700
I have a Spondylus varians (water spondylus) that probably exceeds 80mm near
the hinge (for the top valve).  But the big Tridacna gigas has got to be the
tops in this category.  I have a little two footer and moving it is almost like
carrying a sack of concrete.  Someone out there with an old bird bath or water
fountain needs to measure the thickness.  It will probably exceed 100mm.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA