From:
Steve Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2015 20:19:04 -0400
I recently obtained a number of Murexsul/Muricopsis oxytatus from an old Florida collection made in the late 1970s-early 1980s.  There was no data label. The shells are likely from 1 or 2 of 4 locations where most of the material in this collection  was from, ie   the original collector doesn't remember well enough to be sure.....

1. Port Canaveral Scallop Piles

2. Bear Cut (Key Biscayne), Miami, shallow water

3. Dania Beach dredging/beach restoration project  1977

4. Miami Beach dredging/beach restoration project  1979-1980

I would guess  localities  3 and/or 4 are more likely.  Can some of the FL collectors/divers  tell me if they found this shell in areas or situations and/or times   that correspond or correlate  to any of the above?  Thanks,  Steve