From:
Leslie Crnkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2015 10:42:07 -0500
Sargassum...  Sometime in the last year or so I watched a modeling program
on what happens to the weed as it leaves the Sargasso Sea, when, how, where
and why.
Of course I've forgotten most of the details.

What I do remember is there are cyclical circumstances that change the
current patterns to bring the weed southerly across the Greater Antilles,
instead of the pushing it west through the straits of Florida, with the
dominant portion ending up on the beaches of all of Texas down into Mexico.

As for me, I am happy to have a little relief from it here in Texas.

My guess is this will last a season to a year.

Leslie
Pasadena ,Texas