Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 2015 11:45:40 -0400
=============
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 11:08:22 -0400
From:  <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Do we have anyone who specializes in Philine shells?

While gleaning my bubble shells from San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico, I came across what at first I thought was just a small  (9.3 mm) of translucent shell. But upon looking at it with my magnifying glass I saw that it looked like it was complete. I think it is from a sea slug, probably a Philine. I've never found one before or since.

I have some photos taken with a smart phone, but only the beautifully scalloped edge really shows clearly. Under a microscope I could see that it has about 5 strong ribs that angle across the many fine peripheral ribs. Unfortunately, these don't show in my photos. Nothing I've found online resembles my shell.

I can't show the photos here, since the "List" doesn't allow attachments. Who can I send this to or send the shell to for better pictures so we could all share its' beauty?=============