From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Mar 1999 20:54:53 -0500
Tom,
  The Treatise volumes that have already been mentioned are good but
somewhat dated and the gastropds were never finished.  The folks working
on them do so voluntarily (so I was told) so we should not be too hard on
them.  Many are currently in the updating stage.  Remember, they are
trying to describe all invertebrtae phyla, an incredible undertaking.

  There was an "update" of Vaughn's book by someone in South Africa.  I do
not have it here but I believe his name was Victor Millard.  The cost was
$60-65 (US) and it came with a floppy disk version.  He dealt mostly with
the living Molluska but was trying to include the fossil taxa as well.  If
anyone need more information about this book let me know and I'll see if I
can find his postal or e-mail address.

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Pittsburgh, PA
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine