From:
Sue Christensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 08:42:13 MST
     I know this has nothing to do with conchology, but I thought I'd pass
     this message on to all of you.
     Sue in Denver
     -What can we do about the tragedy in Littleton, Colorado?  I don't
     know the real answer but I know we need to do something positive.
     This is a small positive step that may help.
     I didn't write this but it is a good idea.

     George

     Turn On Your Lights for America

     As I was driving to work this morning I passed by an elementary school
     and noticed that the flag had been lowered to half-mast in memory of
     the students and their families in Littleton, Colorado. What a
     wonderful gesture that simple act is. But, I thought to myself, what
     can I do to show others that I too am deeply affected by this tragedy.
     Turn on a light. Turn on my headlights. Turn on my porch light. But
     how do I get this message to others? Use the Internet. I*m sending
     this message to everyone on my email list and am asking that you do
     the same. I am going to turn on my headlights on Friday morning on my
     way to work, on Saturday as I run my errands and especially on Sunday
     as I go to my place of worship. I*m also going to turn on my porch
     lights on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.
     I*m going to turn on my lights for the families in Littleton to show
     them that I care about them, that I feel the pain and hurt and
     heartache. I*m going to turn on my lights for what is right about this
     country. I*m going to turn on my lights against the darkness, the
     anger and the prejudice. I hope you will join me. One light is not
     much but put them together and we can light up the world.
     Turn on your lights * show that you stand for what is right about
     America. And as you turn on your headlights and porch lights this
     weekend; turn on the light in your heart and soul. Show the world that
     this is not what America is all about. With your light shining bright,
     along with others, we can come together (if only for a brief moment)
     and combat the evil that confronts us all.
     Please pass this email on to everyone on your address list. Lets see
     if we can get this message to everyone across this great country
     before Friday morning and use lets the Internet for what it was
     intended - good.