From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:13:26 -0400
Welcome to Conch-L, Hank!

I don't have any sedimentary answers for you (although I think the things
are called fossils?) but I am so truly pleased to have the assurance that
you're in the 20th Century and are all prepared to leap with us into the
21st!  Wow!  You are brave!  Not just to creep out onto the Internet, but
to dive into the deep waters of Conch-L as well...be very careful or you'll
get into a group hug!  They're ever so popular lately.

For those of you in Conch-Land who are not fortunate enough to know Hank in
the round, he's a great guy and a marvelous ingredient to add to our
"stew."   He's an anti-techhie dinosaur to the core so this keyboard
adventure is a real departure for him.  He's been known to complain that
telephones have too many buttons these days!

I don't think he has a single shell! In fact, Hank's also the only
non-shell collector ever to be president of COA!  He's married to one
though, and he is devoted to COA for its own sake, I think, as well as for
his wife, Mary Ruth's!  He's also an oceanography addict and gives great
programs for COA conventions on the subject.

Speaking of group hugs,  Hank's a group hug all by himself, and  we'd do
well to look out for his very well developed and dust-dry sense of humor.

Great to have you with us, Hank!

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY