From:
Paul Monfils <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 18:00:03 -0500
There are two interesting facts about the rice paste wentletrap story:
(1) It won't go away.  I heard it 30 years ago, and every few years
since; and (2) No living person has ever seen one of those rice-paste
forgeries.  No museum in the world has one.  Too bad - if one could be
located today, it would undoubtedly be worth many times the current
value of a real Epitonium scalare.
Stew, I seriously doubt that anyone would make a flying pig out of
rice paste.

Paul M.