CILIATEMOLBIO-L Archives

Ciliate Molecular Biology

CILIATEMOLBIO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Robert Coyne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:47:45 -0500
I will be looking for an undergraduate summer intern for 2008 to assist with the assembly of the
macronuclear genome sequence of Ichthyophthirius multifiliis (Ich for short), a parasitic ciliate.
Interested students should apply through the J. Craig Venter Institute's Internship Program.  Details
can be found at http://www.jcvi.org/cms/education/internship-program.  In addition to the research
experience, the internship program features educational seminars about genomics.  The application
deadline is February 15, 2008.  Please let your (best) students know about this opportunity, and if
there are any questions, please contact me directly at [log in to unmask]  For this project, students
should have some molbio lab experience (especially PCR), and familiarity with the UNIX environment
would be helpful, but the application process is general, and internships are also available with
several other research groups at the institute.