From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:58:05 -0500
Dear Andrew,

Dr. José Leal <[log in to unmask]>, who may still be on this list-serve, is
very interested in, and an expert on, this fauna.  He is a busy museum
scientist and may not always have time for the type of work you request.  On
the other hand, most curators are quite appreciative of unique material to add
to the collections over which they maintain stewardship.  It is always a good
practice to offer duplicate material in exchange for services such as those you
mention below.

Harry

At 12:40 PM 11/26/00 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>Last week I aquired a substantial amount of small limpets that were
>collected at a depth of 2630 m in 1996 from the very deep sea hydrothermal
>vents on the "HOT" cruise.
>These organisms are extremley scarce in museum collections and I do believe
>that their biology is without comparison in the "limpet world"
>I would like to know if there is anyone out there in "Conch-land" who could
>either identify them for me or point me in the general direction of someone
>who can?
>I am willing to donate a specimen or two to someone who can help me!
>Best Wishes,
>Andrew Taylor.

Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm