Date:
Sun, 21 Jun 1998 16:34:56 -0400
Hello all,
Thank you Tom for acknowledging my lack of response and yes the Prometheus
Cone or conus pulcher is very hard to obtain in a size over 100 mm. I
personally have a specimen in my collection that is from the X-Powell
expedition of 1927 and is over 125 mm, I have seen a specimen at about 180
mm  at the Broward Shell Show .
The record as of this date is 250 mm  (25cm) owned by the American museum of
natural history and collected in Senegal in 1977. The pulcher is the largest
of the conus family and is vormavorius. There have not been any reported
fatalities from the sting of the pulcher as it is not discoveries.
Mark James Bethke