From:
lindawbush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:27:19 -0500
Hi, Everyone!

Clarification:  I was not trying to buy shell exhibit
cases, I was only "surfing" the list for what my friend
could sell the 24 cases which she inherited.

I know $500 is an awful price, and when I heard of one
fellow in Florida making large cases with the front glass
inset, I thought it was exhorbitant.  But fifteen years
ago, most of the cases at shows lacked the front insets.
I don't know if the person in question ever sold any of
his pricey cases, I was just out to find out the current
going rate.  Thanks for your replies, but no need to imply
that I'm way off base.  I have not exhibited for many
years
(due to the denouement of the Midwestern shows).  And, now
that I'm near retirement age, I would rather spend my
dough on shells, I was just inquiring for a non-sheller
friend who inherited a large collection and is
contemplating selling all of it, perhaps by Spring.  (She
is having the house where the collection resides
rennovated, and will probably not be able to get to the
collection for quite a while).

So, thank you for your replies about case costs.  I will
probably be in the market for storage cases when and if I
am able to retire to Florida.

Cheers!
Linda