From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:36:51 -0500
Thanks for posting your Topsail Island list, Vicky.

Some of the unusual items are unusual for Topsail but probably not for other
North Carolina locations, in my experience. For Neverita duplicata to be
unusual is more a statement about Topsail's paucity than anything else, for
instance.

Phyllonotus pomum and Muricanthus fulvescens are certainly fairly unusual. I
haven't found them on any NC beach.

I notice you didn't find Phalium granulatum, NC's state shell. People say
that Ocracoke is the place for that after a nor'easter. (I didn't find any
signs of those when I was there, but I did find fragments of Panopea
bitruncata).

David Kirsh
Durham, NC