From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:43:22 -0300
Some time ago our friend Dr. Simone from Sao Paulo's University has showed us a special software
which takes several pictures of the same shell with different focus depth and put all of them
together to make a sharper photo. Since the whole system was very expensive I never went after it.

However, another friend from UK - Simon Aiken - sent me a link from a company which sells this
software, and it is not so expensive after all. One year of license costs US$70.00 and a permanent
license costs US$ 250.00. Not bad considering the great results and it is quite easy to use too.

Here is the link to the software
http://www.heliconsoft.com/heliconfocus.html

And here is a (lousy) test I made - the larger photo is the result after using the software
http://www.wonderphotos.com/shellphotos/foco.jpg

As you can see on the small images the focus were in different depths and the software adjusted them
to a better result.

Neat, right?

Marcus

Checked by AVG Free Edition.