From:
Topseashells Info <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:31:37 +0800
Hello Conchlers,

I apologize for not replying sooner as I was gone for the last week. I
would like to thank Allen , Chris , Jamie , Tom and Andrew for all your
feedback concerning the situation.

Concerning the parcel, we repeatedly asked EMS on the whereabouts of the
parcel. The U.S. Wildlife and Fisheries department / Fish and Game
department insisted that they sent back the parcel (even with complete
and proper documentation), but EMS can find no trace of the package! or
any indication that it was sent back. the parcel has since been declared
lost after 2 months !!!

The collector called the Fish and Game department , here is their answer :
" I called the Fish and Game again today.  I spoke to an inspector again
who insists that the package was returned because it did not have the
necessary Phillipine form with it.  I also asked why I had to fill out a
form and why the problems.  He stated that basically I was ordering a
lot of shells and they wanted to make sure that I had the necessary I.D.
numbers and authorization to received a large number of shells.  I asked
what the maximum number of shells was that I could receive without
running into these problems and he said "The law says that less than
eight of any item can be received."  I asked if that meant eight of any
one species or eight shells.  He was pretty vague at that point and just
repeated the above. "

And here is the remark from EMS service :
Item :  lost
Remarks : SAN FRANCISCO CA APOLOGIES , CUSTOMS INFORMATION IS NOT
AVAILABLE , THE ADDRESSEE MAY LOOK IN THEIR LOCAL PHONE DIRECTORY FOR
CUSTOMS CONTACT INFO .

So , the parcel just disappears , nobody can or is willing to prove that
the parcel was really sent back !!

Your opinions on this matter would be most welcome.

Once again I thank the people here for your help.

Regards
Jean-Pierre