From:
Marcus Coltro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:52:27 -0200
It would be nice if all shell clubs could make a census and gather all the info.

It is a very important data to help us to protect our interests for the future collectors. Whenever
people ask me how many shell collectors are in the world, I say about 15 thousand - of course it is
a wild guess. Really active collectors must be in the range of less than 10,000.

A simple questionnaire could be made, with basic information (leaving out e-mail or full addresses),
so we would know more precisely.

I could make something like that, but since I am a dealer I think many would not participate (it
would sound like trying to get new customers...)

Maybe if we make something like that, we could give to shell club's representatives so they would
pass to all members, either by e-mail or at meetings. Later we could gather the info on COA's
website.

It is my dream if we could do what Australians successfully did, there shell club members have a
special permit to collect shells. Of course this only would work on civilized Countries where
politicians are not as dumb as here in Brazil...

What do you think?

Marcus