From:
Ken Piech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:01:30 -0500
In about two months my wife and I will be leaving to spend six months
working and shell collecting in New Zealand.  It's a tough life, but....
We have not previously been to New Zealand and are looking forward to seeing
the country.  I have been looking for a copy of New Zealand Mollusca by A.
Powell, 1979 to take with us, but have so far been unsuccessful in finding
one.  Does anyone have a copy of this book (or know of someone who does)
that they are willing to sell or trade, whichever you prefer?  If so, please
contact me privately.

During our New Zealand stay we will be spending most of our time near
Wellington.  I have only recently learned that this city is the capital of
New Zealand and is at the southern tip of the northern island.  Wellington
has a small shell club, and I have already contacted a few of its members.
If any of you have been to New Zealand and have any shell collecting
recommendations or other suggestions, please pass them along to me.  We are
hoping to do some snorkeling and scuba diving, but most likely only further
north.  Any names and email addresses of New Zealand shell collectors would
be helpful.   I am planning to take some Caribbean and Panamic shells to
trade or give away.  What other "must do" activities should we arrange to do
before we come back to the U.S.?

Ken Piech