From:
Richard Petit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2012 13:39:56 -0500
Once again I offer my apologies for my accidental posting of a personal
comment on March 5th.

Today Mr. Sargent rightly took exception to that posting. In doing so, he
made a statement that I wish to correct. Mr. Sargent stated: "Your comments
on CONCH-L concerning a book that you have not seen are disturbing."  I
would never comment on a book I had not seen. A copy of the new version of
the work in question has been on hand for some time and my review of it is
itself out for review.  Mr. Sargent probably assumes that I do not have a
copy as he did not reply to my attempt to order a copy from him, but a copy
was obtained elsewhere.

I would also like to point out that my review was not ad hominem but dealt
only with the work involved.

This posting has been made with the consent of the Moderator, Karlynn
Morgan.

Dick Petit