From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:08:31 -0400
i had a similar experience several years ago - on my way in, i was
bringing shells for a friend from the us and elsewhere out of my
collection... he advised me to declare them going in, and indeed the
nice lady at customs looked at every single one. she took away some
bivalves because they still had some dried animal inside, then she
came back a short time later and gave them back to me, the insides now
thoroughly cleaned and glistening. out of some 300 people off the
plane, i was the last to clear customs. my friend laughed when he
picked me up and told me that was exactly what he expected. going out
i had no problems, as noted below.